Sabey Data Centers has deployed more than 4 million square feet of mission-critical space across the United States. The company has large campuses on both coasts, and has now added capacity in the middle of the country with a new data center in Austin, Texas.
On this edition of the Data Center Frontier Show, Sabey Chief Revenue Officer Tim Mirick joins us to talk about Sabey’s history in data center development, and its big expansion announcements for 2022 in Austin and Central Washington. In our conversation, Tim shares insights into how Sabey thinks about expansion and growth markets, the rising profile of digital infrastructure, and the new technologies driving data center growth.
“I’m not buying waterfront property in the metaverse just yet,” says Mirick, who nonetheless sees strong growth trends in video and gaming.
Listen to today’s show:
Here’s a timeline of topics Tim and I discuss on the podcast:
- 1:00 – Sabey’s history as a pioneer in data center development.
- 2:15 – Sabey’s entry into the Austin, Texas market.
- 4:30 – Why Sabey likes Central Washington for data center development.
- 11:00 – The rising profile of data centers and digital infrastructure.
- 15:30 – How Sabey evaluates growth opportunities.
- 21:00 – Data center design innovations bring introduced at the Austin campus.
Here are some links with more about the topics we discuss:
- Sabey Enters Austin Market With 72 Megawatt Campus : The new data center in Round Rock, Texas provides Sabey with a presence in the central United States.
- Sabey Data Centers Plans 70 Megawatt Expansion in Quincy Cloud Cluster: Earlier this year Sabey broke ground on an expansion of its campus in central Washington, with a “major service provider” serving as the anchor tenant.
- Executive Insights: Tim Mirick : A transcript from Tim’s insights from the DCF Data Center Executive Roundtable.
Did you like this episode? Be sure to subscribe to the Data Center Frontier show so you get future episodes on your app. We are on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you find quality podcasts. You can also subscribe using our RSS feed, and tell your friends and colleagues about our podcast!
We’ve also just launched the Data Center Frontier Channel on YouTube to showcase our videos, where we explain the infrastructure that powers the digital world. If you like data centers or work in the industry, you’ll want to subscribe!
More >> DCF Show: Sabey’s Tim Mirick on the Austin Data Center Market