Education is part of our mission at Data Center Frontier. In our Voices of the Industry feature, we share the experience of data center executives on the front lines of innovation. Recent column topics have ranged from the growth of the dataverse to maximizing your data center budget.
Here’s a look at the most popular Voices of the Industry for the first quarter of 2021.
- From PUE to GUE: Measuring the Continued Evolution of Data Center Sustainability (Kohler Power Systems): Sean Farney, Director of Data Center Marketing, Kohler Power Systems, highlights the need for an all-encompassing and standardized way to measure and report on data center sustainability across the entire data center ecosystem.
- Maximize Your Data Center Budget With High-Speed Point-to-Point Cables (The Siemon Company): Ryan Harris, Sales and Market Manager for High Speed Interconnects with The Siemon Company, explores the ins and outs of a variety of different data center cabling options to suit a variety of different data center budgets, as well as when reaching out to a cabling specialist might be the best approach.
- How to Simplifu Distributed IT Management? Focus on the Tools to Improve Flexibility and Efficiency (Schneider Electric): Russell Senesac, Director of Data Center Strategy at Schneider Electric, explores how to address distributed IT management and the tools available today.
- Dataverse Growth Requires Sustainable Data Solutions (Echelon Data Centres): Damien Gaynor, Chief Marketing Officer from Echelon Data Centres, explores the dataverse and how its growth requires sustainable data solutions. .
- EOL & EOSL and Long-Term Hardware Infrastructure Strategy (Service Express): With close to 25 years of data center and IT expertise, Chad Peters of Service Express shares insights regarding the equipment life cycle and how IT leaders can better prepare their budget, strategy and future projects.
- Enterprise and Hyperscale Requirements Have Converged (Stream Data Centers): Chris Bair, Senior Vice President of Sales and Leasing at Stream Data Centers, highlights how enterprise and hyperscale data center requirements have grown more and more similar over the past two decades.
- 5 Ways to Mitigate Supply Chain Unpredictability and Labor Shortages in Data Center Construction (ProLift Rigging): Blake Weaver, Data Center Specialist at ProLift Rigging offers a list of ways to overcome supply chain challenges and labor shortages in data center construction.
- Managing Energy Efficiency New Focus for 5G (Vertiv): Scott Armul, Global Vice President of DC Power at Vertiv explains the many challenges and opportunities that the transition to 5G represents for data center operators.
- Making Your Data Center Water Positive (Chemstar WATER): Cem Candir, CEO of Chemstar WATER, provides insights on new innovations in data center water treatment and gives details on how some hyperscalers are making their data centers water positive.
Keep pace with the fact-moving world of data centers by following us on Twitter and Facebook, connecting with Data Center Frontier editor Rich Miller on LinkedIn, and signing up for our weekly newsletter using the form below.
More >> Best of Voices: Top Data Center Insights from Q1 of 2021